Badlanders arose from our legendary Dual Rectifiers® and feedback from players who used them over decades requesting; “Tighter low end, refined top end, and less mid scoop delivered with MESA gain that feels great and sounds huge.” The Badlander™ 25 Head delivers that recipe in a small package and power range that adds a raw character all its own. For the guitarist leaning rock who likes some Brit influence with their American-voiced gain, the 25’s appeal is obvious, with many such tones that sound huge through cabinetry while also providing stunning direct performance without live speakers.
The Badlander 25 Head delivers the Rectifier-inspired voice and performance of the Badlander 100 and 50, offering a fiery-sounding, ultra-portable low-power option for those not needing big horsepower. The same simple 2 channel format, each containing Clean, Crunch, and Crush modes repeated, fits perfectly within this small EL84-powered rendering with a fierceness and harmonic complexity all its own.
Key features and options included on the bigger models remain intact, with only the power section, transformers, and chassis getting a make-over. Tonally speaking, choosing a favorite between the 3 models isn’t easy, as each has its own character and application, but the 25 wins hands down for attitude and ease of transport.
Like all Badlanders, the Badlander 25 Head packs our CabClone™ IR Direct Interface making recording and cab-less live capture easy. The same collection of Rectifier® Closed-Back and Boogie® Open-Back Cabinets from our stand-alone CabClone IR are included and provide a wide array of sounds and responses. For guitarists seeking tube tone and huge sounding gain through cabs or direct, from a package that fits in an overnight bag, the Rectifier Badlander 25 rules!
- Wattage – 25 or 10 Watt Selectable (Global)
- Channels & Modes – 2 Channels / 3 Mode Channel Cloning™
- Mode Voicings styles – 2 Channels / 3 Mode Channel Cloning™
- Graphic Eq Reverb Fx Solo – FX Loop
- Foot switchable Functions – Ch. 1/2
- Speakers Impedance – n/a
- Weight – 19 lb. / 8.62 kg.
- Dimensions – 8 1/2″ H x 18 3/8″ W x 10″ D / 21.59 cm H x 46.67 cm W x 25.40 cm D
- Amp Type – Tube
- Rectifier Type – Silicon Diodes
- Rectifier Tubes – n/a
- Variac PowerSwitch – n/a
- Preamp Tubes – 5x 12AX7
- Power Amp Tubes – 2x EL-84
- Maintenance Free Fixed Bias – Yes
- Wattages Quick Reference – 25 or 10 Watt Selectable (Global)
- Built In Power Amp Attenuation – n/a
- Power Amp Details Class Wattage – Class A/B Power with global 25/10 Power Switch – Provides two power options: Choose from 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 Watts or 2 tubes operating in Mesa’s proprietary Dyna-Watt™ Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch, and clarity, producing 25 Watts
- Number Of Style Modes – Three
- Number Of Style Modes Per Channel – Three (Channel Cloning™)
- Channel Controls – Each Channel features Independent, 3-Position Style Mode Switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Master, and 8-Position CabClone IR Select (back-panel) Controls
- Graphic Eq And/or Contour – n/a
- Reverb Effects Bypass Options – n/a
- Effects Loop Bypass Options – Tube-Driven, Series FX Loop
- Global Output Level Control – n/a
- Global Solo Level Control – n/a
- True Bypass Options – n/a
- External Switching Jack Options And/or Midi – n/a
- Speaker Outputs – One 8 Ohm and Two 4 Ohm
- Cabinet Simulation Direct Live recording Output – Built-in, channel assignable, MESA CabClone™ IR Cab Simulator featuring 8 MESA Cabinet IRs, USB Connection for IR transfers, Internal Amp Load for cabinet-free use, IR Balanced XLR Direct Output, Headphone Output, IR Output Level Control, & Ground/Lift Switch
- Internal Amp Load For SpeakerLess Performance – Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Headphone Output – Yes (see Cabinet Simulation for more information)
- Footswitch – Included – 1 Button Footswitch (Ch. 1/2)
- Slip Cover – Included – Fitted Slipcover
- Standard Finish Options (No Extra Cost) – Black Bronco Vinyl, Black Diamond Plate, Black Handle & Corners
- Weight – 19 lb. / 8.62 kg.
- Height – 8 1/2″ / 21.59 cm
- Width – 18 3/8″ / 46.67 cm
- Depth – 10″ / 25.40 cm