But music continues to evolve, and musicians demand inspiring new tools with which to carve out their own signature sound. In that spirit, we introduce Ibanez AE, our flagship series of acoustic-electric guitars, offer supreme tone and playability, and represent another great chapter in the acoustic guitar tradition.
- Stock #852
- 3 lbs
- included Gig Bag
- body shape AE Junior body
- bracing Ibanez Original Scalloped X bracing / Tone Projection Back Bracing
- top Solid Okoume top
- back & sides Okoume back & Okoume sides
- neck AENyatoh neck
- fretboard Ovangkol fretboard
- bridge Ovangkol bridge
- inlay White dot inlay
- soundhole rosette Abalone and Maple
- tuning machine Chrome Open Gear tuners (18:1 gear ratio)
- nut material Bone
- number of frets 20
- saddle material Compensated Bone
- bridge pins Ibanez Advantage™
- strings D’Addario® XTAPB1152
- string gauge .011/.015/.022/.032/.042/.052
- string space 11mm
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- pickup Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle
- preamp Ibanez Custom Electronics
- output jack 1/4″ Endpin Jack
- battery CR2032 x2
- NECK DIMENSIONS
- Scale : 607mm/23.9″
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 55mm at 14F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 7F
- Radius : 400mmR
- BODY DIMENSIONS
- a : Length 18 3/8″
- b : Width 14 3/4″
- c : Max Depth 4 3/8″
Scalloped X bracing
Scalloped X bracing on the top provides responsive and balanced tone.
The Nyatoh neck provides a rich mid-low end.
The Ovangkol fretboard provides greater playing comfort.
Okoume back and sides
The Okoume back and sides generate a woody, warm tone when the guitar is played softly or finger-picked and provide punchy high-mids with a clear projection when strummed.
The Ovangkol bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup
The Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
Ibanez Advantage bridge pins
These pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™ the pin and string stay put.