The RainSong Orchestra Model is the most refined of all RainSong shapes. It is our most comfortable and intimate guitar, with an immediacy of presence that makes it a favorite with the coffee house crowd. The treble, already a breathtaking attribute of RainSongs, and the carbon sound are simply sublime in this little guitar. A crystal bell clarity, balance, superb separation of individual notes, and an expansive dynamic range make the OM one of our most individually expressive guitars. Because of Projection Tuned Layering™, the OM is capable of strong projection. It won’t rattle windows like the Jumbo or the Dreadnought, but the OM, when driven, packs a lot of power and punch for a small bodied guitar.
The standard NS neck joins the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret. This moves the bridge back on the soundboard towards the center of the lower bout resulting in improved sonic energy from the strings to the soundboard and enhanced bass response. The NS also has a shorter scale length (24.875”) making it a more comfortable neck to hold and play.
- Stock #522
- 4 lbs
- OM Shape
- 6-String, 12-Fret, 24.9” Scale Length, 1-3/4” Nut Width
- All Carbon-Fiber Construction With SFT Spruce/Carbon Soundboard
- Customized Hardshell Case
- Soundboard: Unidirectional carbon/spruce soundboard crafted using RainSong’s Soundboard Fusion Technology™ technique. No soundboard braces. Pinstripe rosette.
- Body: All-carbon-fiber body. No bracing.
- Neck: All-carbon-fiber neck and fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting ™ as a single process. Adjustable truss rod. Abalone dots inlay.
- Accessories: Tusq™ nut, saddle and abalone inlaid bridgepins
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at End-pin: 4.1 inches
- Lower Bout: 15.3 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck Width at Nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale Length: 24.9 inches
- Tuning Machine: Chrome plated Gotoh mini with 1:14 gear ratio
- Electronic: LR Baggs Stage Pro Anthem