Mesa Boogie 4×12 Rectifier Cabinet
- in Good condition
- has some imperfections in the tolex highlighted in the photos
- has some imperfections in the grille highlighted in the photos
- is mechanically in great condition
- includes cabinet only
More Balance Between Lows, Mids and Highs and a Greater Emphasis on Attack
When it comes to 4×12 cabinets, we offer a choice of two distinct and different sounding/sized quad boxes: our legendary oversized Rectifier® STANDARD and TRADITIONAL Cabinets.
RECTIFIER® TRADITIONAL 4×12 CABINETS are three inches shorter than the oversized Standard Rectifier 4×12 (width and depth dimensions are the same). This slight size difference produces a tighter and more focused low-end response, though still delivering massive 4×12 punch and authority. Compared to Standard Recto® 4x12s, the Traditional 4×12 provides more balance between lows, mids and highs and a greater emphasis on attack. The mid-range is more pronounced and this cabinet is often preferred for styles that require tight tracking and articulate response. Straight cabinet designs also provide for a small increase of interior cabinet space, which yeilds slightly more bass and low-end resonance compared to Slants.
SLANT-style Recto 4×12 Cabinets offer a ‘monitor’ effect due to the top speakers sloping up toward your ears. This can be a benefit when playing live. Other players prefer the STRAIGHT-style cabinets with all speakers attached to a one-piece baffle and all facing the same direction, effectively ‘coupled’ for maximum punch and frontal projection. Regardless of Slant or Straight, if you are playing a Recto 4×12, your tone has authority, clarity and detail that only MESA® Traditional or Standard 4×12 Rectifier Cabinets deliver.
You simply won’t find a better cabinet. ALL MESA® ENCLOSURES are made using the finest Void-free, Marine Grade Baltic Birch. Super strong rabbet corners are glued and nailed. Speaker baffles are fitted with superior dado joint construction and braced. Grilles are wrapped around a separate grille board, not the baffle board. Grille material is made of strong twisted jute dipped in a special coating that filters top end for a sweeter response.
- Cabinet Material Marine Grade, Baltic Birch
- Standard Finish Options (no extra cost) Black Bronco Vinyl, Black Jute Grille, Black Handle & Corners
- Styletype Closed Back (sealed)
- Cabinet Internal Volume 240 Watts
- Speakers Mounting Position Celestion Vintage 30s / Rear Mounted
- Mono Or Mono Stereo Input Mono + Stereo Inputs
- Cabinet Impedance 8 Ohm Mono / 4 Ohm Stereo
- Additional Features Paralleled Mono Output
- Weight 99 Lbs.
- Height 30″
- Width 29 7/8″
- Depth 14 1/4″