Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
A guitar doesn’t have to cost a bundle to sound good. The GIO series was developed for players who want Ibanez quality in a more affordable package. Not only do they look and play better than everything else in their price range, but their rigorous inspection, set-up and warranty is the same as Ibanez’s more expensive models.
- Stock #528
- 7.4 lbs
- neck type GRGRMaple neck
- top/back/body Poplar Burl Art Grain topOkoume body
- fretboard Bound Purpleheart fretboardWhite Sharktooth inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge T106 bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup Classic Elite (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- bridge pickup Classic Elite (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- hardware color Gold
- NECK DIMENSIONS
- Scale : 648mm/25.5″
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR
The Maple neck provides stability and bright tonal character.
Classic Elite pickups
Classic Elite pickups offer rich, nuanced tone with fat low-end.
T106 tremolo bridge
The T106 tremolo bridge with 6 independent saddles makes precise height and intonation adjustment of each string easy.
Mono-unit output jack
The mono-unit output jack is made of solid, durable material and is a single piece to avoid unwanted movement and loosening of the jack, which leads to contact failure or disconnection. This innovation allows for long term playing enjoyment and minimal maintenance.