Carrying this ethos forward, the AZ line embodies time-tested Ibanez innovation and player-focused features like a smooth, oval neck grip, a well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and the neck heel allowing for unrivaled playability.
Designed to Inspire, all Ibanez Premium series are manufactured with select tone woods, high-profile electronics, hardware and dedicated skills of craftsmanship and care in details for your musical journey. The richness of sound, stunning appearance and unrivalled playability of the Ibanez Premium series will open the gate of your reservoir of inspiration.
- Stock #879
- 7.4 lbs
- neck type AZ Oval CRoasted Maple neck
- top/back/body Quilted Maple topAmerican Basswood body
- fretboard Ebony fretboardMother of Pearl dot inlay
- fret Jumbo Stainless Steel frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Gotoh® T1502 bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup DiMarzio® Air Norton™ (H) neck pickupPassive/Alnico
- middle pickup DiMarzio® True Velvet™ (S) middle pickupPassive/Alnico
- bridge pickup DiMarzio® The Tone Zone® (H) bridge pickupPassive/Alnico
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D’Addario® EXL110
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- nut Graph Tech® nut
- hardware color Gold
- NECK DIMENSIONS
- Scale : 648mm/25.5″
- a : Width 42mm at NUT
- b : Width 57mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 20.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 22.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR
DiMarzio® Air Norton™ / True Velvet™ / The Tone Zone® pickups
The DiMarzio® Air Norton™, True Velvet™ and Tone Zone® pickups offer depth, warmth and rich dynamics when combined with the 5-way pickup switch.
Ebony produces tight lows and mid range with a strong attack in the high end and features a quick response and rich sustain.
Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads
The Gotoh® MG-T locking machine heads achieve incredible tuning stability, cutting down string-changing time.
Oval C Roasted Maple neck
Heat-treatment increases the wood’s stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes.
Gotoh T1502 tremolo bridge
The T1502 tremolo bridge features steel saddles and a die-cast zinc tremolo block for a quick response and improved articulation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings and its snap-in construction makes it easy to load a tremolo arm.