Fender ’65 Princeton Reverb Reissue Limited Edition Tweed
- Does Not Include Footswitch
- 12-Watt 1×12″ Combo
- Eminence Patriot Series Cannabis Rex 1×12″ Speaker
Sweetwater-exclusive Tweed Princeton
The Fender ’65 Princeton Reverb Lacquered Tweed electric guitar tube combo amplifier is a Sweetwater exclusive! Fender used the beloved ’65 Princeton Reverb as a starting point, then they added a beautiful and vintage-style lacquered tweed covering that will transport you back to the great Fenders of the 1950s. The speaker has been beefed up to a 12″ Eminence Cannabis Rex for its blend of smoothness and sparkle. And of course you still have that magnificent Fender spring reverb and tremolo onboard. The ’65 Princeton Reverb Lacquered Tweed will add a lot to any collection.
A legendary amplifier design
When Fender originally released their Princeton guitar amplifier, their intent was to offer a good practice amplifier for guitarists needing to work on their chops. But the model quickly caught on with professional and gigging guitarists for how effortlessly it delivered both chiming cleans and sweet tube-amp breakup. Whether speaking about the original tweed designs in the 1950s or the iconic Blackface models of the ’60s, the Princeton has been a mainstay with players for over 50 years.
The Sweetwater-exclusive Fender ’65 Princeton Reverb Lacquered Tweed blends elements of two of the most sought-after eras of the combo. While the circuitry is based on the clear-as-a-bell Blackface models, these amps boast a stunning lacquered tweed covering that imparts a ’50s old-school appearance. And Fender’s vintage-style brown and gold grille cloth helps finish off the look. If you’ve always loved the tonal characteristics of a Fender Blackface but favor the warm, inviting look of a tweed, this amp’s for you.
Same iconic tone, just bigger
The amplifier’s appearance isn’t the only new addition to the ’65 Princeton Reverb Lacquered Tweed. Fender also outfitted this little giant with a 12″ Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker. Not only does a larger speaker (original Princeton Reverbs come with a 10″ speaker) offer a more powerful low end and better projection, but the Cannabis Rex is a favorite for how clear and chiming its top end is, without ever being strident. And the traditional Fender spring reverb and tremolo add all the swampy goodness these amps are known for.
- Fender ’65 Princeton Reverb Lacquered Tweed Combo Amplifier Features:
- 12-watt tube combo amp with an updated, vintage look
- 12″ Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker is clear and smooth
- Vintage-style lacquered tweed covering
- Features Fender’s famed tube reverb and tremolo
- Compact dimensions have made it a popular gigging amp for decades
- Amp cover included
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Power: 12W
- Speaker Size: 1 x 12″ Eminence Cannabis Rex
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6 (power), 1 x 5AR4 (rectifier)
- Reverb: Yes
- Effects: Vibrato
- EQ: Treble, Bass
- Inputs: 2 x 1/4″
- Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (one internal)
- Footswitch I/O: 1 x 1/4″ (reverb, vibrato)
- Construction Material: Lacquered Tweed
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 16″
- Width: 19.87″
- Depth: 9.5″
- Weight: 34 lbs.